Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass the following:
- Drug screening
- Physical exam
- Tuberculosis skin test
- Criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). This includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
Working in a Shared Services team environment, the Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing payroll for multiple locations, including filing of government payroll taxes and forms relating to payroll. Duties also include responding to department head and employee inquiries and assisting with payroll budget issues. In addition, this person should have a general accounting background and will cross-train with general accounting and accounts payable functions as needed.
- Performs all duties related to processing of bi-weekly and weekly payroll for multiple company locations. Collecting and auditing departmental timecards. Importing time clock data to payroll processing software. Run payroll processing. Print checks and Nacha by LCS deadline. Balance Payroll. Process Benefit Request Forms.
- Processes the filing and payment of government reports and taxes related to payroll.
- Answers employee questions related to payroll matters and resolves discrepancies in a timely manner
- Monitors and processes additions and modifications to a computerized payroll system and ensures accounting distribution and preparation of deductions.
- Maintains support documents and storage binders in an orderly fashion and is responsible for filing all paperwork in the proper place.
- Assists the Shared Services team, in providing back-up and assisting with general accounting and accounts payable functions as needed.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- 2-3 years experience with payroll processing and data entry. Experience working with ADP payroll is strongly preferred.
- Must have thorough knowledge of California wage and hour laws.
- Must have a passion for providing excellent customer service.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail required. Must be able to investigate, document and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- College level accounting courses a plus.
Applicants for this position are required to complete a computer-based Customer Service Aptitude test. After you complete the application and apply for the position, an email confirmation will be sent to you. On the email is a link to the Criteria Test Center. Please complete the test at a time that is convenient for you.
Be aware: once you begin the tests, you will not be able to 'come and go' on the testing site. You must complete the test in one sitting. The test is multiple choice, and will take about 30 minutes. You will not be considered for this position until the test has been completed.